Bike racks are available on all Wave Vehicles. The purpose of these racks is to provide residents and visitors a greater opportunity to Ride the Wave.
The bike racks are mounted on the front bumper of the bus and are simple to use.
- Up to two standard 2-wheeled bicycles can be loaded into the bike racks.
- A passenger may bring only one bicycle.
- Passengers may load and unload their bicycles without assistance, however if assistance is required please ask the driver for help.
- The first bicycle placed into the bike rack must be placed in the rack nearest to the bus.
- The spring-loaded bar is slipped over the bike tire to hold it into the bike rack (a properly loaded bike makes contact with the bike rack only with the tires).
- The passengers unloading the last bike from the bike rack must return the rack to its upright position with the easy to use handle.
- Bicycles may NOT be locked into the bike rack on the bus.
- Bicycles are not permitted inside the buses. Use of the bike racks are on a first come first serve basis.
- When you disembark please remember to take your bike with you.
- Passengers pay no additional fare for their bicycle
Use of the bike racks on the buses and the stationary bike racks is at the passenger’s risk. The NRTA is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property.